Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

The Importance of Rest

Happy Friday everyone! You have might have noticed that last Friday I didn’t post. In fact I did intend to finish this post for Friday but turns out I was just so busy resting that I completely forgot to post about the importance of resting.

I guess I took the message to heart.


But I needed the break. Since the new semester began, I’ve been running at the speed of light, trying to juggle various responsibilities. It can be tough work, especially when trying to squeeze writing into the mix. But being too busy can often stanch your creativity.

For me, it came in the form of editing my book. I’ve had such editors block over the past couple of months and even though I try to make time to write, I was never as productive as I wanted to be. Sometimes you just can’t push yourself. You have to take a step back and breathe.

And when that happens? Let me tell you, it opens up your mind to a lot of new creative possibilities. Over the break I solved one of the major problems I was having with my book and was able to look at the plot for fresh eyes. Just giving myself time cleared out a lot of the blockage that was suffocating my writer’s mind.

Writing is hard work. But it does require rest. We can’t write 24/7 or our work becomes lack luster and forced. So if you’re in a tough place right now with your writer’s mind, take some rest for yourself.


You might come back stronger than ever.


2 comments:

  1. So true! And it seems like everyone's had a little break-through in writing or editing recently. Even I did with my WIP. I changed some things that I was dreading, and now the rest of the editing doesn't seem to hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get  #exback, restore your marriage,
    stop your lover, #husband from #cheating on you get
    spiritual help to bring your man/woman/girl and boy
    today restore your broken heart and become reunited
    with your loved one's...

    Get #PROTECTIONS. secure your life, job, marriage and
    career from every #insecurities... get healings, get
    deliverance, courage, strength from every weaknesses

    Get #PREGNANCY. ignore your doctor's report that you
    that you can't give birth again goddess sunlight is
    telling you that it is a lie that you will and can
    give birth.. contact him now on his email let your
    desires, wishes, dreams be granted to you... email:
    EMUTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM and let the son of oloku
    fight for your case to set you free. 
    website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
    What's app +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete